The Global Social Impact Investment Steering Group (GSG) was established in August 2015 as the successor to the Social Impact Investment Taskforce, established by G8. The GSG is continuing the work of the Taskforce in catalysing a global social impact investment market across a wider membership. Its members include 13 countries plus the EU, as well as active observers from government and from leading network organisations supportive of impact investment.
The GSG is working to increase momentum by promoting a unified view of impact investment, facilitating knowledge exchange and encouraging policy change in national markets. Led by Sir Ronald Cohen, it brings together leaders from the worlds of finance, business and philanthropy across the globe, as well as government officials and network organisations active in supporting the impact investment sector.
- Australia: Rosemary Addis, Impact Investing Australia
- Brazil: Antonio Ermirio de Moraes Neto, Vox Capital
- Canada: Tim Jackson, Centre for Impact Investing, MaRS
- France: Hugues Sibille, Crédit Coopératif
- Germany: Brigitte Mohn, Bertelsmann Foundation
- India: Amit Bhatia, Impact Investors Council
- Israel: Yossi Tamir, JDC, with Yaron Neudorfer, Social Finance Israel
- Italy: Giovanna Melandri, Human Foundation
- Japan: Shuichi Ono, Nippon Foundation
- Mexico: Rodrigo Villar, New Ventures Mexico
- Portugal: Filipe Santos, Portugal Social Innovation
- United Kingdom: Michele Giddens, Bridges Ventures
- USA: Darren Walker, Ford Foundation
- European Union: Uli Grabenwarter, European Investment Fund